Interested in Lessons?
Under 16? Want to learn to rollerskate? Here’s how you can get rolling!
We offer term-based rollerskating courses for ages 6 – 17+ years for all skating abilities.
Fall 2023 – September to December – Registration closed
Winter 2024 – January to March – Registration opens Nov 1st, 2023 at 11am
Spring 2024- April to June – Registration opens Feb 15th, 2024
|Sundays – starts Jan. 14, 2024||Tuesdays – starts Jan. 9, 2024||Wednesdays – starts Jan. 10, 2024|
5 – 6 pm – Youth Ages 8-12 – WAITLIST
12 – 1 pm – Junior Dance*
6 – 7 pm – Junior Roller Derby*
6:30 – 8 pm – Junior SkatePark*
- Register an account for YOURSELF – not your kid yet – on this page (Link is top R)
- Add all of YOUR pertinent information, including your phone number and payment information (you will not be able to register without payment info)
- While in your profile, click on “My Family” (top R) then “Add Another Account”
- Fill out all of your KID’s information, then click “Create Account”
- Once your kid’s profile is complete, click on the “Use” button next to their name.
- Click on “Courses” at the top L, scroll down to find the preferred age group and date for your kid, click the “Purchase” button, then click “Book.”
Then you’re all done! You will be charged the $45 registration fee on the spot. Tuition fees ($94/month) will be processed automatically on the 15th of each month during the course.
If the course you want is full, please get in touch with us to be added to the waitlist. Email hello @ rollaskateclub.com with your kid’s name, age, and desired date & time, and we’ll add them to the list.
Programs marked with * denote our Junior Athlete programs which are only available to our experienced skaters. Assessments are included with the regular program.
PROGRAM CANCELLATION POLICY – PLEASE READ
- Initial Registration fees for Kids, Youth and Teens Programs are non-refundable.
- Requests to withdraw from the program received two weeks or more before the first day of the course will not be charged any further tuition payments (excluding the non-refundable registration fee).
- Withdrawal requests received less than two weeks before the first day of the course of the program will be required to pay the first tuition payment only.
- Withdrawal requests less than 7 days after the first day of the course will be required to pay the first and second tuition payments.
- Withdrawl requests received 7 days or more after the first day of the course will be subject to payment in full for the entire term.
Youth Rollerskating Camps
>>>> Check back for Spring Break and Summer day camps <<<<
Full day rollerskating camps 9am-3pm for ages 8-13yrs. Camp will be split into new skaters learning skills for the first time and experienced skaters who want to stay active and challenged. Rollerskate rentals included.
Just want to skate?
Not quite ready to commit to a term-based program? Check out these other ways your family can Roll With us!
* Come party at a Saturday Skate Night session. Great for birthdays! Advance tickets required – purchase here.
* Already know how to skate and want to practice your moves? We now have an Family Open Skate Session on Sunday afternoons. Grab a Sunday Punch Card (no drop ins). *Note Holiday weekend schedules may differ. More info here.
Click to expand
What equipment do I need?
We have rollerskates, knee pads and wrist guards available for you to borrow (no extra charge). Please bring your own helmet (a bike helmet works great!). If you’ve got your own gear, by all means bring it. You should wear comfortable clothing you don’t mind sitting on the floor in or getting your sweat on!
Can I use inlines/rollerblades?
We do not teach inline skating skills – our teachers are quad skate experts! All classes and memberships include free quad skate rentals.
Inline skates/rollerblades are welcome at our weekend events – Saturday Skate Nights and All Ages Open Skates.
Do you rent equipment?
You can borrow our rollerskates and protective gear during your classes or events, free of charge! Everyone is in charge of their own helmet. Bike helmets work great.
Where can I buy skates?
If you’re in the Vancouver area, please visit www.rollergirl.ca – they are our local skate shop, and Canada’s oldest! They will take very good care of you.
What age can I start?
Our Kids, Youth and Teens Programs start at 6 years old and up.
Are kids/youth/teens programs only for girls?
Rolla Skate Club welcomes all genders! We ask for pronouns when we meet you.
Assessments for Junior Athlete Programs?
We require our skaters to pass certain assessment levels in order to be safe skating in our more advanced programs. Most students start with the regular program first but if your child already has skating experience just register them for the program they’re interested in and we’ll perform an assessment at their first class.
The safety and enjoyment of our students are our highest priorities, we may need to move your child into the class that best fits their skill level.